*SCAPEmedia SKILL: Laughing Matters
*SCAPEmedia SKILL: Laughing Matters
Photo Credits: news.asiaone.com
At its height, the ‘Unbelievable’ music video took in up to 2.3M viewers on Youtube. This purposefully campy and clichéd video became a household favourite where Singaporeans could laugh at each other in the light of romance, declarations of love. The catchy song routine even went on to become one of Singapore’s comedy films. Seriously, making people laugh, professionally is no joking matter. There is the writing, the characterizations, the timing of the delivery, and many more. Ong Kuo Sin, writer/director of the ‘Unbelievable’ phenomena will share some of his challenges and techniques.
Ong Kuo Sin graduated from UT Austin and has directed for 15 years.
Notable works include “Chemistry”, “Parental Guidance”, “Sayang Sayang”, “Extreme Gourmet” and “Extreme Japan”. He also directed the well-received tele-movie “The Promise” (向日葵的约定), and dramas like “Secret Garden” (秘密花园), “JUMP!”(跳浪!) and “SCRUM!”(冲锋!).
In 2013, he completed his first feature film, “Judgment Day”(世界末日). In 2015, he wrote the viral hit song“Unbelievable” and the subsequent movie “Mr. Unbelievable”. He is now serving as the Executive Producer on the Channel 5 drama “Tanglin”.
For other NYFA workshops:
- *SCAPEmedia SKILL: Planning Your Film Festival Campaign for Short Filmmakers
- *SCAPEmedia SKILL: Mastering the Act of Directing Actors
- SCAPEmedia SKILL: Making Documentaries as a Career
- *SCAPEmedia SKILL: Making Films, Building Property
- *SCAPEmedia SPOTLIGHT: The Butter Tour
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Simply turn up for the event and register with us. Once confirmed, Peatix will refund your booking fee electronically thereafter.
• Seats are issued on a first-come, first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Seat reservations will close on 4 June 2016, 1pm. Any cancellations MUST be done BEFORE the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your reservations will be locked-in. If you turn up for the event, the booking fee will be refunded, if not, it will be forfeited.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
1. I consent to the collection, use and retention of my personal data by *SCAPE and NTUC for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration for the event.
2. I will inform *SCAPE and NTUC immediately of any changes to my contact details and/or personal data in order that *SCAPE and NTUC is able to contact me for all matters relating to the event.
3. I consent to the disclosure of my personal data by *SCAPE and NTUC to authorised third parties for the latter to collect, use and retain my personal data for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration and participation for the event.
4. I understand that photography and/or videography will be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes and may be used for print and on online/electronic platforms.
5. I acknowledge that *SCAPE and NTUC own all rights to the photographs and video recordings.
6. If I do not wish to have any photographs or video recordings taken of me, I will inform *SCAPE andNTUC at the event site.
7. I agree to receive updates on future engagement events and programmes organized by *SCAPE andNTUC, to receive information on *SCAPE and NTUC benefits and promotions as well as to be informed about opportunities to contribute, share opinions and/or feedback via email, text messages, edm and/or post.
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM SGT
- Arena @ *SCAPEmedia Hub, Level 5
Free Seating (Refundable) $5.00
On sale until Jun 4, 2016, 1:00:00 PM
- Venue Address
- *SCAPE, 2 Orchard Link Singapore
*SCAPE Co. Ltd2,494 Followers